new plaster and algae bloom

Premium app. Updated iOS.

Check your settings in PoolMath. Be sure you have your pool set up properly and are signed in using your TFP account.

Try refreshing your browser link. The PoolMath calculations have been updated such that the browser and app use 1000 ppm salt if you do not enter a value. It makes the results more realistic as pool water has some salinity.

Way back when the browser used zero for the salt level IF no entry was entered. As we both know, this isn’t realistic as all chlorine adds salt. When the App was created we updated that default to 1000ppm IF no result was entered on both the app and the browser. The kicker here though is there’s a large chance you havent updated your webpage and the cookies over the year....why would you??? If you refreshes the page (hit F5) it’ll update the default to 1000ppm for salt.

As long as the salt level matches the results will be the same as the code is the same behind the scenes.

Way back when the browser used zero for the salt level IF no entry was entered. As we both know, this isn’t realistic as all chlorine adds salt. When the App was created we updated that default to 1000ppm IF no result was entered on both the app and the browser. The kicker here though is there’s a large chance you havent updated your webpage and the cookies over the year....why would you??? If you refreshes the page (hit F5) it’ll update the default to 1000ppm for salt.

As long as the salt level matches the results will be the same as the code is the same behind the scenes.

ah ha
when I fire up the browser and see salt 1000 I erase it, set to 0 as I am not salt
so that is that

in the browser by Salt might be useful to have directions to leave it for the newbies
"if this, if that, you should leave this value as 1000"

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 2.15.45 PM.jpg

Hi
SLAM over, went fine, water clear
CSI LSI hovering round 0 (temp 38 pH 7.8 FC 4.5 TA 130 CH 300 CYA zero)
Orenda advises add CYA about one month post plaster/fill so time to do that
will CYA dissolve in 38° water or should I wait for warmer weather?
or dissolve it in a bucket of warm water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.