Chlorinator cold water shutoff pentair

K,

Welcome to TFP.. A great place to find out why your "suspecting" is not correct in this case... :shark:

As long as the water temperature is below 52 degrees the cell will go into cold water shut off. I'm sure there is a +/- tolerance in there, so they generally don't toggle right at 52..

This shut off has nothing to do with freezing.. The cell has an internal water temperature sensor that shuts the cell off.

When I get my first cold water shut off, I just turn the cell off for the rest of the winter. For me, it is not worth the effort to try and keep using the cell until the Spring.

I just use Liquid Chlorine during the winter.. It does not take much this time of year.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Echoing all above PLUS when spring comes my ic40 never reads salt levels properly until about 70 degrees. So when that time comes be prepared to add salt but don’t freak out and over-adjust - just use bleach until it warms up.

Kimkats I used the Taylor k1766 kit when I was troubleshooting 2y ago (failed ic flow/temp sensor). This spring I just used the swg reading and no issues.

(Also I kind of use calcium level change to estimate change in salt level and cya, so I kind of have an idea of how much stuff to add. Such bush league engineering may not be acceptable around this fine place though!)
ar

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.