IC40 after freeze...

Bvacchiano

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2018
Sugar Land, Texas
So the freeze is over in HOUSTON. My water temperature is reading 56 deg F on the EZ Touch yet the IC40 hasn’t kicked back on and still shows Cold Water Cutoff. When should it come back on? Should it come back on automatically or do I need to reset something??

B,

The cold water cut off is determined by the cell itself, not the water temperature you see on the EasyTouch...

Once the water temp gets cold enough to set off the cold water light, I just shut my SWCG off for the rest of the winter and use Liquid Chlorine.

It takes very little effort to maintain your FC level in the winter months.

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

In my case, I just shut off the circuit breaker that only powers the cell's transformer. I also "deselect" the IntelliChlor check box in ScreenLogic which prevents any error messages.

You can just unplug the cell from the ET, but I would worry about corrosion on the connector pins. If you do unplug it, make sure the power is off to the cell first.

If your Pump Filter Relay is only being used to turn the cell's transformer on/off. Then you could just unplug the relay from the back of the main board..

Thanks,

Jim R.

You can also disable the Pool circuit and use a Feature Circuit for your pump run time. The SWCG only gets power when the Pool circuit is scheduled.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.