Recommendations

Jun 16, 2014
DelBocaVista
Hello all, hope you can stop my head from spinning. Like many others I've been looking to replace an ageing pool pump with a variable speed unit. I'll have to redo the suction-discharge plumbing anyway so not a slave to the current layout.

Current pool setup is a kidney shape ~12k gallon in ground, with spill over spa. The spa water level is 3' above the pump inlet, the current pump is a Hayward Maxflo with a 2hp single speed motor. Also running a Hayward Aquarite Salt cell system, its not the pro version I cant recall the exact model but it support either Hayward or Pentair integration. Both pump and Salt controller are run by the manual timer today.

1. What make-model pump do you recommend?
2. Automation isn't critical for me, but it seems it may be a really nice feature to manage the salt cell run time with the pump run time-speed.
3. Do any of the on pump speed controllers have provision for controlling an external device like a relay? The idea is I could use the pump control to trigger an ac relay to run the salt cell (low buck integration).
4. Looks like big pipe is a must for the improved flow/efficiency, any filter recommendations? Due to a few other challenges, I'd want to stick with cartridge types, size or model recommendation?

Thanks in advance

Marc

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.