Pentair Screenlogic 2 Kit (Wiring help)

Hi All
I looked through all the Screenlogic posts I can find on this site and can't seem to find a solution to my problem. I apologize in advance if this issues has been addressed before. So I wired and installed my Screenlogic 2 kit. Everything works put the main pump. (lights, Spillway, fixtures)

I noticed when I pulled open the panel on my easy 8 there was something already plugged into the single com port available. Was I suppose to rewire the existing plug with my new screenlogic plug to make it all work together? It looks to me like there were 2 sets of wires coming out of it.

I noticed my easy 8 panel doesn't work unless I plug back in the existing wires into the com port as well.

Thanks a bunch in advance. I can take pictures when I get home from work if you need to see what I am talking about.

Cheers

Epimenio

E,

There is only one com port on the EasyTouch... Everything gets wired to the same port. That said, there are several places that you can connect the wires... Electrically they are all connected together to the single J20 com port on the main board.

Since you have the salt system, on the back wall of the Easytouch is the Salt cell power supply.. It has three additional com port connectors.. They are labeled as Com 1, Com 2 and Com 3, but they are electrically the same.. They have a cable that connects them to the J20 com port on the main board.

dbtgallery.php

The IntelliFlo MUST be wired to one of these four connectors..

Please let me know if this does not make sense..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and by the way... the IC40 is waaaay toooo smallll for your pool.

Even though the cell is rated for 40K, we always recommend that your cell be at least 2 x the volume of your pool. This is because the 40K rating is based upon the cell running at 100% output and for 24/7...

E,

As long as the cable from the salt cell power supply is plugged into J20 on the main board, you can connect the pump and ScreenLogic to any of the connectors.

If you have been using the IC40 for four years and are happy with how it works, then I would not worry about it.. A larger cell should last longer, but also costs more so not sure there is a real advantage.

In the past four years has the IC40 been keeping your pool algae free? Beside the SWCG, have you had to add any additional chlorine or do you add powdered "shock" on a routine basis???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.