Filter stupid question of the night.

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
So after they close my pool next week can I open my de filter and clean the heck out of it or will that mess up anything? I assume no cause all my valves will be closed so there is no pressure holding in the filter.

They clean it but I know they don’t do it like we would here. Last year it was new so I didn’t worry about this year I figure I should. I only had to backwash 1 time this season bit figured I should clean it.

Or or do I need to clean it before the close up all the returns and skimmers and drains and such?

Thanks!

We opened ours up, took the grids out and rinsed it really good, sucked out the remaining water with the shop vac then put in a little antifreeze in the bottom because it doesn't completely drain. Then we closed it up. We remove the grids and rinse everything out again in the spring when we open.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.