Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello everyone,

We have been without a pool for a few years now and have signed a contract for a new build and digging should start tomorrow. We are supposed to get rain, so I'm not sure how much will happen. I will try to post most of the specifics and a couple of photos now and hope to update as we go along.

18 x 36 with vinyl over steps and an 8 x 8 tanning ledge with bubblers, deck jets, and a 4ft tiered water sheer (single sheer in the center).
pool depth is 3 1/2 to 7
Hayward Aqua Plus SWG
Hayward c3030 cartridge filter
Hayward VS super pump
Robotic Cleaner (likely s200 from the marina that many here recommend)
We have pretty much decided on the Tara Hampton liner with no border

pics attached of simple design and actuals of the yard.

pool.jpg18x36_DeckFix_004.jpgby 2.jpgby 1.jpg

I likeee! I especially like the way you don't cut into the pool itself with the tanning ledge. Simplicity is very classy.

Will you be kind and keep us updated as the build goes along? We're like crack addicts when it comes to build pics and details :)

Maddie :flower:

Hard to tell by the rendering.... are you doing vinyl on the tanning ledge? Also, any pool lighting?

Thanks Maddie. We will try to keep it updated.

Hard to tell by the rendering.... are you doing vinyl on the tanning ledge? Also, any pool lighting?
Yes, vinyl on the tanning ledge with about 8 inches of water. The small 1.5 LED color lights on each side

Progress! Most if the mud dried up, walls in, footer poured. We are clear for more good weather next week. The plan is for them to cut in for plumbing and backfill....maybe the travertine coping next week. So far the crew has been great and not really any issues. I just need to stop watching the sausage making and let them do their jobs.

Attachments

• IMG_20181005_160511.jpg
    IMG_20181005_160511.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20181005_160532.jpg
    IMG_20181005_160532.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20181005_160444.jpg
    IMG_20181005_160444.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 162

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got ya! Kind of like watching an artist...........you can NOT question what or why UNTIL they say they are done. THEN if you don't like it you can say something but most of the time they know what the end results will be and there is a reason they are doing what they are doing so sit back and relax BUT make sure to keep an eye on them to be on the safe side!

Kim:kim:

Just another couple of notes about decisions that I researched a lot here and made.

1. Main Drain - the builder typically installs main drains. We didn't have them on our last pool, I I read enough here to feel comfortable enough to ask him to delete main drain.

2. Cleaner - going robotic and asked the builder not to even plumb for the booster.

I'm sure there are a few others, but those are really decisions I struggled with.

Looks great let them do their thing. I would have deleted the drains and booster too just make sure u have at least 4 or more returns for pool body to move water well. I'd have an extra to point down into deep end to spin that water. Mine works great I added one just for that

Your yard isn't a forest with trees abounding so losing the main drain doesn't seem a bad idea at all. One less thing to worry about, eh?

I hope they put a return in on the tanning ledge. That area needs exposure to freshly chlorinated water to avoid anything getting stagnant.

The pool looks marvelously big :) Have you ordered your test kit yet?? I'd recommend the TF-100, with a speed stir. No one *ever* regrets getting that speed stir!

TFTestkits.net

Maddie :flower:

Hi. I grew up in N. AL. Always wanted a pool but the now ex wouldn't allow it.. so, now that I am free I bought a house further south that had a gunite/fiberglass pool. It's about 30 years old...or more and I'm still fighting with companies to get it right. I got it to stop leaking bUT now the newly painted epoxy is cracking...after 2 months and the fool didn't follow directions and throw sand on the wet paint to keep me from falling in it 3 times now. If u are using Waddell pools, you are in great hands. I love my pool!!!! Aside from all the pool ppl who have ripped me off doing crappy work.

A little progress. They poured footers ran the plumbing, partial backfill, and did a pressure test. It looks like a total of 10 returns....6 in the pool and then 2 in steps and 2 in splash pad. Sound about right?

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_170123.jpg
    IMG_20181017_170123.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 104

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.