New Vinyl Pool Build in North Alabama

How many valves will your have to control the returns? I am hoping they are not all on the one valve. I would think 3 "home runs" to the pad.

Kim:kim:

Well, I know there will be multiple valves because we have deck jets, a sheer, and bubblers. I need to catch up with the builder and ask how that's gonna work. Surely I should be able to run all of the returns withoit a water feature on.

See what I was thinking was for the returns to be split up into 3 "sets" so you have total control over them as needed. If they are all run on the same valve there is a a chance the ones further away will not have as strong of a flow as the one closer to the pump.

The water features (bubblers, deck jets, and sheer) will have separate valves but returns are all on one valve. Any reason for concern? I don't see running all of the water features at once, but do you think there will be enough flow for returns and 1 or 2 of the others? I don't want to have to dial back the returns just to run bubblers.

My main concern is the returns on the far side of the run. Ask your PB how the pipes were run to make sure each return is equal.

With the pump being a VS you should be okay as you can just turn the pump's speed up when you want the features on.

Backfill complete, bond beam in, and travertine coping done. Hopeful for concrete deck pour next week.

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_155154.jpg
    IMG_20181103_155154.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 46
What a loooong few months! We have had more rain in the last few months than I ever care to see again. We had several access delays because of the heavy equipment not being able to get in. We then had delays because we couldn't keep water out of the deep end long enough to finish the pool krete. Our latest delay was a liner that wouldn't fit. The builder has emailed us daily with updates(or lack of), but have remained in constant contact since the dig began We still need electricity for lights, flagstone caps on the sheer descent, sealer on the coping, ladder/handrails installed, and that is about it. Hopefully when this round of rain passes, we will finish up next week.

Attachments

• pool 1.jpg
    pool 1.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 40
  • pool 2.jpg
    pool 2.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 39
  • pool 3.jpg
    pool 3.jpg
    660.4 KB · Views: 40
Your last post was Nov 4!!! WOW it HAS been a while!

What is the whole story on the liner? Why did it not fit? How far did they get before they figured it out? Whose dime was the bad fit on?

That looks awesome! LOVE the color of the liner and water!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your last post was Nov 4!!! WOW it HAS been a while!

What is the whole story on the liner? Why did it not fit? How far did they get before they figured it out? Whose dime was the bad fit on?

That looks awesome! LOVE the color of the liner and water!

Thanks Kim. The fit was on the manufacturer I think. The builder had a conf call with them and no one ever came back out to remeasure.

Nice, would have never thought to do a liner without a border, whats your outdoor temp like this time of year?
Temps haven't been too bad....50s and 60s. The rain is a different story.

Our builder actually does a lot of no border liners. I think it is a free option for Tara Liners.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.