read here for a while, ready for help

Sep 18, 2018
Pace, Fl
Hello, it's my first post. I need help.

After reading for a while, my new TF100 test kit arrived and my wife and I just finished our round of testing.
Our pool has been green and local pool store has us running in circles.

We have an above ground pool with liner. It is a 30 foot circle, 5 foot deep. Online calculators shows us at a volume of 26, 436.

Our numbers are:

CL is in the 10 range.
pH is 6.8
CH is 200
FC is 4.5
CC is 1.0
TC is 5.5
TA is 60
CYA is 100

Need all advice and best steps to take.

Thanks in advance.

With a CYA of 100 you need to read Pool School - CYA and follow step 8 and do the dilution test. Likely your CYA is higher.

You need to plan to SLAM Process your pool after you lower your CYA by significantly draining your pool.

Please Read This BEFORE You Post and put details of your pool in your signature.

Our advice is to advise you to stay outta the pool stores!! Anything they tell you to do will just cost you money and often make matters worse.

What you need to do is stop using pucks and granular chlorine products.

Drain at least half of your water and refill to lower that CYA. May have to lower more than 50% after doing a diluted CYA test as noted above.

Start using liquid chlorine which you can find at pool stores. You'll use quite a bit at first as you're going to need to SLAM that pool clear. SLAM Process

Yay! You have a test kit we love! As you can see pool store testing isn't worth a nickel. They seem to sell you something each time they run that "free" test, don't they??

Read Pool School! Start here--> ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Maddie :flower:

Welcome to TFP...

Good choice on test kit. I would get bleach from the grocery store just check the percentage and use only "PLAIN" bleach!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.