Lunada Bay glass tile

schwimmen

Bronze Supporter
Jan 30, 2017
Houston TX
Greetings, TFPers.

Has anyone out there used Lunada Bay glass tiles for your pool or spa? I'm considering tile from this company and would greatly appreciate any feedback about its performance for this kind of application. Thanks!

Part of their website gallery is specific to pool pictures, and they have an instruction manual specifically for pool applications. They only recommend a subset of their tiles for pools. I have a message in to the company to get specifics about one of the patterns. It’s really growing on me (and we need to make our tile decision pronto), so I’m hoping it works.

So I really like the Agate glass tile series. I'm looking at Lucca 1x4, which is a size that is not recommended for submerged applications. I have been messaging the LB technical team. While this tile can be used for submerged applications, they recommend against it because it is more likely to crack if not installed properly. And apparently, they are seeing a lot of glass tile installations that are not done properly. They have this tile in a number of other designs that are recommended, but as my husband likes to joke, it would be too easy for me to want one of those. I'm just not as keen on the smaller pieces with multiple grout lines over a large space. Perhaps with the muted color and a muted grout color, it wouldn't look so busy.

I also like the beach glass-esque tile that I posted in my other thread. That is the Haisen glass tile in Aqua.

Without shipping, these tiles seem to fall in the $30/ft range.

Lunada Bay has some gorgeous options. It is pricey though. I was looking at some tiles in the Origami series for a backsplash but the local dealer didn’t have these in display cards. They would have ordered samples but I ended up going a different direction. The beach glass is really pretty though . . .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.