New to the group in AZ

Aug 16, 2018
Surprise AZ
So just found this site and a buddy of mine from work recommended I look it over since it had so much info, so I decided to join. Basically I have had a pool as a kid growing up and spent every weekend cleaning with a brush and hand vacuum because my father told me it was too expensive to buy a creepy crawler, so I vowed to never have a pool again. Then after the Marines and 15 years of telling my wife some day we might be able to get a pool I broke down and decided to have one built. We are almost done with the build just in time for it to start cooling down and get rocked by all the monsoons. Go me! I decided to go with a local builder Bryan Pools, out of Surprise AZ. I have had a friend use him and had no complaints, and recommended him. My project started on June 26th and we are about to start filling it with water tomorrow! Lots of people told me to add 3 months to my project so I am surprised and happy it is being completed on time, or actually early. Either way I am hoping with the new pool cleaners I will not regret this decision!!!55191288372__D3D6C1D5-710D-4F0D-9EA1-85C168EFCB92.jpg55491235696__F21B267E-7944-4CEE-8B13-CB5685DB3375.jpgIMG_1746.jpg

Looks good. What is your pool builder doing for startup instructions and when do you take over?

Have you looked at Pool School - Pool School here and Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and Trouble Free Pool School

We recommend you do your own water testing with either the Test Kits or Taylor K-2006C.

I have downloaded the book on here to my phone and have been reading it over. The PB will be coming over once the Quartzscape acid wash is complete to startup the pool and go over the chemicals and what I will be doing with it. As a kid I always took care of the pool chemicals so figure I might as well do the same now. Only difference is Now I have to pay for them, which I never realized was so much money, but hey guess it comes with the territory. I am going to have my buddy bring his drone over to take pics so hopefully I can get some really good ones that show the entire pool. With how big it is and how big my yard is it is difficult

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

When you can, please expand on your signature. Read most of ours to see some examples. Specifically, how do you chlorinate, how do you test your water, robot or other cleaner, etc.

As a kid I always took care of the pool chemicals so figure I might as well do the same now. Only difference is Now I have to pay for them, which I never realized was so much money, but hey guess it comes with the territory.

I don’t know what chemicals you are thinking of.

Using TFPC methods you usually only need liquid chlorine/bleach and muratic acid on a regular basis.

You do a one time dose of stabilizer to set your CYA. Any other chemicals are only as needed.

We don’t buy expensive chemicals at pool stores. You can find the basic chemicals from other sources.

I don’t know what chemicals you are thinking of.

Using TFPC methods you usually only need liquid chlorine/bleach and muratic acid on a regular basis.

You do a one time dose of stabilizer to set your CYA. Any other chemicals are only as needed.

We don’t buy expensive chemicals at pool stores. You can find the basic chemicals from other sources.

I bought a bucket of chlorine tablets, 2 gallons of acid, 2 gallons liquid chlorine, Some water stabilizer, a brush, skimmer net, and pole for about $180. I am guessing the first purchase is the big one then the rest just buy as you need.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

When you can, please expand on your signature. Read most of ours to see some examples. Specifically, how do you chlorinate, how do you test your water, robot or other cleaner, etc.

Yeah I will have to do that when I figure out how I like to do it and what all we have.

I bought a bucket of chlorine tablets, 2 gallons of acid, 2 gallons liquid chlorine, Some water stabilizer, a brush, skimmer net, and pole for about $180.

Please read Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

If you have not opened the tablets yet and can exchange them for more liquid chlorine you should. The tablets have things other then chlorine that you dont want in yur pool chemistry. Better to kerp your ingredients pure.

Please read Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

If you have not opened the tablets yet and can exchange them for more liquid chlorine you should. The tablets have things other then chlorine that you dont want in yur pool chemistry. Better to kerp your ingredients pure.

Yeah so all the info on this site is a bit overwhelming but I am taking it in as I can. Thank you for the info on the chlorine and from reading what the tablets do I will use them but very sparingly. The PB put in an auto chlorinator on my pump system. I have it off right now but think when I am out of town on trips it would be useful. I think I will stick with liquid chlorine when I am home. So again thank you for the info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support