Black Algae / Pebble Tec / Zero Chlorine Always

With a proper test kit run the pH, TA, and CH tests on your fill water.

Once the pool is full, run the pump for several hours and then test for FC, pH, TA, CH, and CYA.

Post them up. If you drained completely you will need chlorine and CYA immediately.

Hello All,

So the pool and spa are finally filled with fresh clean water and I tested it:

CYA = 0
PH = 7.8
TA = 70
CH = 90
FAC = 0
TAC = 0
Pho = 0
Iron = 0
Copper = 0
TDS = 0

The only thing that I have done is add a gallon oh liquid chlorine just now. I know that I am going to need some Stabalizer/Conditioner, Calcium Hardness stuff, and sum Alkalinity Up. The Question is, what should I add first, second, third, and how long in between do I need to wait before adding the next element.

Any assistance will help with getting the chem balance dialed in.

You don't need to raise the TA. It's fine where it is. Tie up your CYA in a sock and set it in the skimmer or suspend it in front of a return. Then go ahead and raise the CH. Don't freak out if the water looks a bit cloudy after adding the CH. It'll clear up in a day or so. There's no need to wait between additions since the CYA takes so long to dissolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.