Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: When are deck jets installed?

1. Back To Top    #1

When are deck jets installed?

Today I was informed by my PB that they were finish with plumbing and steel. My plans call for four deck jets but I don't see the plumbing for them. Are they done separately?
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2
    If it all runs off the same pump, then I would think it would all be plumbed together. I would call and ask him ASAP before they get any further.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Is your PB planning on running the jets from their own pump? That is how mine are done so I can turn them on and off independant of the pool pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

FWIW all my plumbing was completed at the same time. At least on the pool side. They equip side hookup was a day later I believe.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Thanks guys. I beleive it works off its own pump. They have three pumps pictured on the plan. I have three 2' water features and the four deck jets. I also assume that the cleaner has it's own pump.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

6. Back To Top    #6

Whatever you do, talk to the PB ASAP...ours forgot about the deck jets, and we didn't catch it until after the deck had been done. Now our "deck" jets are "yard" jets! Ours run off the same pump as the rest of the pool, with a valve that we can open or shut to direct water to them.
    Judy

Designated "pool girl" for 18' x 40' in-ground vinyl pool built in 2006

7. Back To Top    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jnorris
    Whatever you do, talk to the PB ASAP...ours forgot about the deck jets, and we didn't catch it until after the deck had been done. Now our "deck" jets are "yard" jets! Ours run off the same pump as the rest of the pool, with a valve that we can open or shut to direct water to them.
    I spoke to the PB. They will be doing the deck jets later. They will have their own pumps.

8. Back To Top    #8

Our PB just informed us that our deck jets will not have their own pumps. Is this a problem? What are the benefits of the jets having their own pumps?

Carolyn
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

9. Back To Top    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by maxsrents
    Our PB just informed us that our deck jets will not have their own pumps. Is this a problem? What are the benefits of the jets having their own pumps?

Carolyn
    Well, you could run them without having to run the main pump, but other than that, I don't think it much matters. The deck jets will take very little flow away from your filter circulation.

PS - If you have time, please share some of the contruction photos in the contruction and repair area.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks for the quick response-I think its to late to change it anyway. I'll post some pix now.
    Carolyn

22X44 freeform gunite with DE filter (44,500 gallons), 4 deck jets

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by maxsrents

Carolyn
    Ours do just fine on the main pump with everything else. We have a 2 speed pump, and we do have to run it on high, simply because our &(#@^&$ pool builder forgot to put them in the pool deck, so they actually about 5 feet outside the edge of the pool. But if we have the pump on high, and cut off the valves to the bubblers we have in the steps and the swim out, we can actually shoot water all the way across the pool to the deck on the OTHER side! My husband enjoys surprising our guests with a little shot of water!
    Judy

Designated "pool girl" for 18' x 40' in-ground vinyl pool built in 2006