“In ground” above ground pool

Welcome to TFP...

Agree more info on pool will be helpful and someone will be along to help with your question.

Since is sunk completely inground, you need to go with a traditional in ground cover. You will probably have to sink some concrete for the anchors around the pool. Otherwise, use a traditional cover with waterbags to hold it in place.

Good suggestion. Last summer, I used a traditional cover with a pillow, and held it in place with sandbags. The pillow moved, I still had a cover with lots of water on it, but I was hoping there was something else out there that might work better!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! My husband actually did it himself. He does hardscaping for a living.....he was going to put it half in the ground with a deck, but the next thing I knew he was taking it to the next level! I love how it turned out though!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! My husband actually did it himself. He does hardscaping for a living.....he was going to put it half in the ground with a deck, but the next thing I knew he was taking it to the next level! I love how it turned out though!

- - - Updated - - -

No deck- next year we are putting a deck on the other side.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you need to do a partial drain for winterizing your pool since it is buried?

You will find because of the rain and snow you will always have water pooling in a solid cover. Which will require draining the cover regularly.

A mesh cover will allow the water to drain back into the pool but because of the freeze thaw cycle, you will need to remove water from the pool either during the Fall/Winter before the freeze or in the Spring after the thaw and with all the spring rain.

To hold the cover down, some previous posters have made a pvc pole system that sits around the edges of the cover to hold it down. I've been looking but can't find the posts. You won't be able to anchor into the patio blocks or the rocks around the pool. So zea3's suggestion of concrete anchors to bolt down a IGP cover would be the only way it would work.

We have a AGP with partial deck and we hold down the cover on the partial deck during the winter with the filled pvc pipe weights we use to keep the ladder from floating in the pool. We have been experiments using doggie tie down stakes to tie the cover in place around the non-deck area.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.