Yes really - another Houston pool!

8e1174cae022407d498e0931b5698a9c.jpg

Let’s try this one

Looks good! Be sure to follow your PB’s instructions for watering the gunite.
Digging for the plumbing and electrical is where it really gets messy but the weather looks favorable this week. Lots of sun in the forecast. I don’t think we have a chance of rain till Friday. Keeps us updated.

The spa is huge, husband thinks it’s we should have made it smaller but I think that we’ll get used to it. We’ve been watering it as we were told to. The steps are a little tall, but I think that with the tile markers, they’ll look better.

With the spa being right there should help when going up the steps. Kind of like a built in hand rail.

Spa-does your feet touch the bottom when you sit in the spa? Do you think the jets will hit your body where you want them to?

Kim:kim:

My son has already been using the spa as a hand rail!

Had our first oops today when they cut my fiber internet line, luckily the provider made it out within a few hours to hook up a new one. We were however left with strict instructions to not do it again as it’s expensive ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a temporary line running around the top of the fence right now. I have to tell the supervisor in the morning that it can’t be moved or touched at all, but I think they’re done with the last of the digging now.

What's been going on the past few days? Is it still waiting for its final coat (I haven't learned what that's called yet!)? Keep us posted!

The finial coat is called plaster. Now there are different kinds but all of them have plaster as a base.

Bella, everything will be fine since you have the gunite in. It will be nothing for them to pump the water out when they are ready. It is a good idea to leave it in there for a while to keep the shell safe with all of this rain. If you water table rises is could mess with the shell so it is all good how it is now.

Quick update - they did the electrical on Monday, and then finally yesterday we started tile and coping. The silver travertine is lighter than we expected but I think it needs to be washed. The waterline tile looks good so far, I think they are doing a good job on placing them. They haven’t started the 1x2 on the spa yet but it is here.
fbb47c08bb28eaf6ee8cb600a2fea5cb.jpg

Kim I hope you’re ready for this bling!

They finished the spa tile today (actually they’ve finished all the tile) and I couldn’t be happier with the quality of their work. So meticulous and thoughtful in their process, it really shows in person. This is NPT Equinox Aurora Sky in 1x2.

We are scheduled to get pebble on Friday but PB has already warned me that it may not happen due to some unexpected rain that came through earlier this week.

8c20857a4bf6d8a94f07d63c298b3017.jpg

BLING! Oh so much BLING!!!! Sigh..................I am in heaven!!!

Now I want everyone to look real close at this work! Look at the grout lines. They are all even. The "hard" angle from the top to the side is even as well! Not huge grout line. Look down where the coping meets the spa wall.....look how they cut the tile to fit purrfect. You had some artist working on your pool there!

I can't wait to see that in the sun with water in the pool. That tile is going to BLING out then!

Roy, I’m not sure I understand your question. They used laticrete for the grout I think. They are supposed to be doing pebble tomorrow but I won’t know for sure until this evening.

Kim, I will go out and take some more detail shots for you later. They truly were artists.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.