Dolphin S300l and heat

Return2TFP

Bronze Supporter
May 27, 2018
Dallas/TX
I’ve convinced my husband I will be a happier person if we get a robotic pool cleaner. He travels. I brush. And test water. And add bleach. But that’s another story.

I’m ready to order an S300i from Marina, before rebates end, but started thinking about this hellacious heat we’ve been having in DFW. For those of you who own Dolphins and live where temps can run in high 90s to triple digits for weeks, do you have any issues? Do you have to keep the little guy in a climate controlled space? That could be a challenge.

Thanks!

I’ve convinced my husband I will be a happier person if we get a robotic pool cleaner. He travels. I brush. And test water. And add bleach. But that’s another story.

I’m ready to order an S300i from Marina, before rebates end, but started thinking about this hellacious heat we’ve been having in DFW. For those of you who own Dolphins and live where temps can run in high 90s to triple digits for weeks, do you have any issues? Do you have to keep the little guy in a climate controlled space? That could be a challenge.

Thanks!

First of all, keep the control panel and the unit itself out of direct sunlight. The robot is rated for operating temperatures between 43 and 93. If your pool gets warmer then that, you have other issues to deal with. Those are OPERATING temperatures. I don't think storage out of the sun in 90+ is problematic. We wheel our caddy into a shed adjacent to our pool area. It's likely 90+ in there on very hot days, but the unit is no worse for wear.

Thanks, Geebot. I understood operating temps. Storage was my concern and your experience helped! I ordered the S300i after your reply and chatting with the guy @ Marina Pool. New workhorse will be here Tues. Hoping things cool down a little by then. Water is 92 right now, even with aeration tricks!

R,

I have never had any heat issues with my Dolphin... I park mine outside under the eve of the roof.. So outside in the shade most of the time, but still gets some sun.
I would not worry about the temperatures one bit.. If it make you feel any better, during this heat stroke weather we are currently having, just leave it in the pool..

You will love your new Dolphin... I love mine... part of me hopes it lasts forever, but the other part of me wants it to die so I can buy a new, lighter one, with a top loading basket. :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m in DFW and just got my s300i Dolphin on July 10th, so far so good. I store it in my detached garage. So you know it’s hot! The cable is long enough I can leave the cart and contol panel in the garage while “r2” cleans the pool. I try and use him in the morning around 8am that way he’s done by 10:30am. Rinse him off, clean the basket and store him back in the garage. I’ve used him at night too. The LED is really bright.

Be warned you’ll want to do your first time when it’s comfortable enough for you to watch it clean. It’s hard not to watch. I was mesmerized for the first hour. Now I just drop r2 in and let him do his thing while I do other stuff.

Don’t forget to use the rebate link when you register and use the rebate code from the rebate page. There will be a box for it under where you put the serial number.

Enjoy!

The S300i arrived yesterday and it did its stuff today. I could not believe the amount of fine dirt it picked up. I thought the pool was (relatively)clean, but that Sahara dust we were getting must have done a number on it. The Polaris 280 never picked up anything that fine. Scrubbing is pretty cool, too. I bought a smoker cover to keep it shaded and dry.

Thanks all for the feedback and encouragement.

I leave our robot in the pool when we are home. Control box is shaded. Remove the robot once a week to clean the filters.

When away, I store it in the garage. Right now it is 115 degrees in our garage --------------

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.