Installing in West by god.

IMG_6744.jpgIMG_6730.jpgIMG_6755.jpgIMG_6750.jpgI figured to have the floor done liner in and water runnng but, setting up the pool wall, and having to maneuver it in to the track, then had to move the bases off there perches to get liner to bolt together. By the time I am done I will have experience I will never use again. The four legged super intendant even made a showing. Two people on the install is two people too short! Put the bead receiver track on and am short I piece and a couple of inches. I posted my questions for this on its own thread in above ground pool, hope to get needed info to install liner.

Yes I have a Taylor 2006 c I heard if you make a donation here, you can get a test kit at a discount or something like that, but don't know how to follow up on any of this. I have already added 40 ounces of CYA, per the pool science chart. Will put the chlorine in when I get the pump up and running

When you got your pretty badge you were sent an email with the discount code. Quite often it goes in the junk folder :( Take a peek in there and see if you find it.

You can fill garbage bags with water to help keep the liner close to the edges where the wall meets the bottom. Once they start floating just dump the water out and keep going.

Here is a good link to installing an oval liner: How To Install a Beaded Pool Liner for an Oval Pool - INYOPools.com I hope you find it helpful.

Kim:kim:

Using garbage bags to keep liner to the side walls? I thought the water itself would do this. Are you saying that it may not and keep an eye on it? Or that it will not. I'm confused. I did not know in what way I would receive a discount code, whether through the forum or mail. In any case even if I did know with all that is going on I would not have seen it. If it went to junk mail, I usually clean spam and junk without really looking at it. Can't remember it being sent to my regular mail, though.

The bags of water are like several helping hands/feet in keep the liner in place as you fill the pool. You may already have enough water in the pool the bags will not be helpful.

Discount code-I will see about having another one sent to you. Please check your junk mail for the next couple of days to make sure it does not sneak in there.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water steady going in. Next, grounding and installing pump and filter. Going to take short cut this year and use flexible hose to hook up pump and filter. Need to get to the deck, building. IMG_6781.jpgIMG_6782.jpg Caught a break on the dirt removal, got an estimate of 300 for removal, found a guy through Craigslist that wanted it and is hauling it away. Little this week, next weekend it will be gone.

Someone directed me to a link, on installing a skimmer. But of course I can't remember where that link was. I ask because cutting into the liner for the skimmer and return seems scary. The liner I guess is stretched under normal conditions, it seems to me if I were to cut the liner, for anything at all the tension of stretching, would result in a giant tear. Thanks for help from scared in wv.

Freeing up the hauling dirt money gets me a nice little robot. I will check out the link and watch the rest, thanks! Everyday is a challenge, it is raining so I thought I would get the sand filter put together, but, open box and no instructions. And more parts involved than you can shoot a stick at. Pool discounters, has struck again. First they send me a one speed pump instead of 2 speed pump while being billed for a two speed pump. Took a month to finally get the the pump here and now this. Tired of their mistakes, I don't want to contact them unless I have to. Any one know where I can get instructions for putting together a 22 inch "blue torrent" sand filter? I will attempt putting it together, figure I'll use the, if it doesn't fit it doesn't go there method, until most of the parts are gone. Never replaced a fender yet that did not have to many bolts on it.

I did a google search using the words 22 inch "blue Torrent sand filter. I found a couple PDF files that I am not able to link to for some reason. You am sure you will get them if you do the same search. I am going to link to our sand filter link so you can at least see how they work. That might help you see how it goes together. Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Thanks Kim for your help, I have a picture of something dealing with the sand filter I do not understand its purpose, if anfIMG_6784.jpgy at all. It seems the hole in the base lines up with a half cut out directly underneath the filter. If there were a hole in the bottom of filter I could maybe understand what this was for, but there is no opening there. You

Attachments

• IMG_6785.jpg
    IMG_6785.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 207
There should be a "plug" on the bottom side of the filter. You would remove it to drain the water. I never use mine as it is too hard to get out. I just use my shop vac from the top.

The little piece is a VERY important piece. You will put it over the straight pipe to keep sand from going down the pipe. You will then take it out and put it in a safe place until you need it again. That is saying the little hole is solid so it will block the pipe.

IMG_6787.jpgBase must be universal to fit other applications, such as this no hole on the bottom. moved the drain up couple of inches. IMG_6788.jpgI found three fittings in with the filter. Not enough Ned get one more. On the pump, where the skimmer is hooked to, I have no fitting. Does this fitting need to be a high temp fitting? And special hose. I received three hoses. One from pump to filter, one from skimmer to pump, and one from filter to return. 2, 7 foot hoses one, 3 foot hose. The return hole, hose needs to be almost 14 feet. Need to get some kind of fitting for the wash exit

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.