When is your water too cool for a dip?

I'm with Durk - I use my pool more for exercise than for lounging, and I prefer the temperature to be under 80. Water is about 65 now - I'll have a last couple of workouts and then close. Though I may have a leak in the vinyl (if so, that'll be another thread) which will require me to be in longer, with less vigorous movement, and thus would be quite cold . . .

We have solar heating, and when the air temp drops below 80 we place a solar cover on the pool. Because of those two items, the pool water rarely goes below the high 70's. So we can swim all year round. However if the air temp goes too low, it makes getting out of the pool interesting :shock: . So generally our swimming days are governed by air temperature, rather than water temperature. There are ususally only two to three weeks a yaer we will not go in the pool. :lol:

I just took a dip this afternoon after my 8-year old daughter begged and pleaded with me to swim with her.

The temperature was 69 degrees and dropping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.