Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LQ plumbing question

1. Back To Top    #1

LQ plumbing question

I have a ?, will I be able to plumb my inlet for the LQ by teeing of my inline chlorinator feed?
    15 X 28, 12,000 Gallon, (IG) Freeform Dark Gray Plaster/Gunite with attached 10 X 7 Spa raised 18", 7 Jet with Spillover and Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto, Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 for Pool, 2 HP Whisperflo for Waterfall/Grotto, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge 320, Pentair 400K BTU Matstertemp, Pentair EasyTouch 4P, Pentair Suction Side PoolShark Cleaner, Stenner pump, autofill system, Plumbed for future Solar, TF-Testkit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LQ plumbing question

Quote Originally Posted by TRW
    I have a ?, will I be able to plumb my inlet for the LQ by teeing of my inline chlorinator feed?
    Not if you want to be able to use the chlorinator. Most chlorinators compress the air with the unit with the flowing water, which would be messed up by the plumbing.

It would be much easier to just drill a hole in the pipe or a fitting somewhere. I wouldn't even want to try a T in the chlorinator line.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat