No flow light constantly on

TE619

Apr 16, 2011
I recently had my pool resurfaced. When I started my Aqua Rite system up again the no flow light was staying on constantly. I replaced the flow switch, but there was no change. I plugged in the old switch and manually engaged it. The no flow light flashed, then it went off and the system started generating. What else would cause the no flow light to stay on?

Last edited:
T,

It would help if we had a clue as to what system you have... :p

But if you have good flow out of your pool returns and still have a no flow light, then the first suspect is the flow switch itself, then the wiring between the controller and the flow switch, and then a faulty controller.

Obviously, if the flow out of the returns is weak, then the most likely cause is a dirty filter.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank you for your reply. I have a DE filter. I backwashed it and hosed off the fins inside. It is showing 10 psi, which is what I typically get on the filter. I manually tested both the old flow switch and new one. Both worked outside of the pipe. I tried both in the system, and neither would engage. I left the hole open and water rushed out. I verified the flow direction when installing the flow switch, and even flipped it just to check. The vents in the pool seem to be flowing normally. Is there anything else that I can check?

We have a new pool and when the equipment first went on it kept throwing the no flow message and shutting itself off. After several days of this the pb came out while I was at work. I came home to a pile of rubble (plaster, mortar, dried glue and other unidentifiable bits) on the equipment pad right next to the pipe the leads into the pump. I can only assume all of that was stuck in the pipes. I wouldn’t be surprised if you have the same problem. Sorry I can’t tell you exactly what they did to remove it all. I know the pump basket was clean so I would say it was before the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.