Buy grout locally

vballz

Jun 13, 2018
WALNUT SHADE
Alright. First post. No pics as it is late and dark.

Repairing the tile and mortar under the coping. However, I will have to go to a big box store for the grout. Lowes or Home Depot. The expert at HD sold me Fusion Pro , but now reading online, says not to be used in pools. I do have a pool store in town, but, gawd, scared of their above retail pricing.

Any suggestions of what I can purchase locally...?

I've aleady started building up the mortar below the coping. The attached picture does not show what I have done to clean up and dig out the loose mortar.

I'm hoping to have this 8 foot section ready and be able to refill the pool in 2 days, as I dont want a green swamp.

Attachments

• 20180618_080549.jpg
    20180618_080549.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 97
20180620_083608.jpg
This is what it looks like today, after putting on a layer of thinset...called Custom Flexbond, from Home Depot.

I need to put on an additional base layer and flatten and square things up, at which point I will lay the tile down.

VBalz, I can't help you with the question you asked, I will leave that to others. But I noticed a mistake in yoru digital signature that could give youa hard time down the road.

Your pool cannot possibly be 30,000 gallons. If you base your chemicals on that you will overshoot every time. Even if it was 5 feet deep everywhere, it would only be 16,830 gallons. Here is a handy pool volume calculator, you should try to work out a better estimate so you can do your chemicals right: https://www.swimmingpool.com/testing-water/pool-volume-calculator

VBalz, I can't help you with the question you asked, I will leave that to others. But I noticed a mistake in yoru digital signature that could give youa hard time down the road.

Your pool cannot possibly be 30,000 gallons. If you base your chemicals on that you will overshoot every time. Even if it was 5 feet deep everywhere, it would only be 16,830 gallons. Here is a handy pool volume calculator, you should try to work out a better estimate so you can do your chemicals right: https://www.swimmingpool.com/testing-water/pool-volume-calculator

Thank you, I will check this out.

Checked it, roughly 13, 500. Hmm, wonder where I got 30,000 gallon s from.

Thank you very much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.