New pool, water goes in Friday

Hello again! I have read and read, and read some more and I think I’m ready to go. Except...I sometimes get hung up on small details and get overwhelmed.
When the pool is filled(with city water), do I test it before I add the bleach and CYA, or just assume 0 on everything in the calculator? I sprung for the liquid CYA so I don’t have to wait for the sock method. I know it is A LOT cheaper to go with the dry, but I figured the liquid would make an overwhelming day a little easier. With two teen girls chomping at the bit to swim, I don’t need that extra pressure of filling a sock! [emoji2]
I also have muriatic acid, baking soda and borax as well as the TF 100 test kit ready to go.
Am I missing anything at all?
I am a researcher at heart and will research and study on things until I go crazy. Sometimes that’s a good thing, but sometimes it leads to confusion over simple things! Ask me about the deck I’ve been planning and sketching, and planning and sketching some more...I go overboard!

You have about everything you need. Once the water is high enough to circulate, you can:
1 - Add stabilizer/conditioner. New water has none, so use the PoolMath and increase to your desired CYA goal. As a non-salt pool in the summer, I'd recommend a starting CYA of 40 then see how that works.
2 - Add some bleach (FC). Start with an initial target of about 3 ppm, but since liquid gold conditioner works fast, you can increase the FC to the 5-7 range later that same day. Always refer to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] and never let the FC drop too low for your current CYA.
3 - Let the pool water circulate for about an hour and do a pH test; adjust as necessary.
4 - You can adjust TA last, and a low CH won't apply to your vinyl pool.

Enjoy! :swim:

I would suggest you test the fill water that will go into the pool for pH, TA, and CH. Record it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.