New Build in The Colony, TX

Well the time has come. Got word today that my dig will start on monday. Yeepie can't wait. Until then here is my view
24d87478e9504ed1bba61de98d7fcb09.jpg

Reactions: English Colony Girl
I want to know more about the pretty wall! Did you have it built? Is that real stone on it? I think I see a hole towards the bottom of it. What is that for? How/where does your yard drain when it rains?

Kim:kim:
Kim the wall was put in by the hoa. Yes real stone looks and feels like some type of sandstone. Some of the pices flake off. The holes are from what i have been told are used to equalize the pressure on both sides of the wall. I have never seen water come out of them. On the otherside is a house. This is a true retaining wall and the ground is truly at the top of the otherside of the fence. The slop on bothsides of the wall are slopped a way from the wall. We did have an issue where the neighbor was over watering their yard causing the water to seep under the wall and into my backyard. Backyard turned into a swamp. I have attached another picture where you can see the roof of the house behind us. This wall was one of the reasons we chose this lot to build on. The wall/fence combo provides 12ft of privacy.
3a263edbc23543f066e9db5fc12f285d.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What a bummer about the soil injection. Hopefully my PB didn't miss anything by not doing that. Weird.
Its not the end of the world. In the attached picture the back wall looks like it has rock in it. That's not rock its clay. When clay gets wet it expands and sticks together. When it drys out it shrinks into rock like balls. You can see this happening on the backwall of the pool. This is why they want to chemically inject it. To me it seems more like a cyi thing theu are doing to protect for future warranty work. My pb has a "lifetime" warranty on the structure as long as i own the house. Plus I'm not paying for it :) well i am sure i am in someway but its not a line item that I'm getting billed for.
698426e88bf940cd0ad17698d2f144c6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.