Attentiaon all Aquatools owners - I need your help!!

May 23, 2018
toronto
Hello. I have an Aquatools at3124 multiport sand filter. When I shut the pump off I hear a hissing sound. I've tried soapy water & shaving cream to pinpoint where the sound is coming from, but with no luck. I'm not sure that its the spider gasket (I think it's the large o-ring attached to the valve body) but from reading other posts that seems to be a popular fix. My only problem is that I don't want to start taking things apart without having replacement parts on hand. Has anyone replaced there aquatools spider gasket with an aftermarket gasket? If so, what was the brand and part# of the gasket?

Thanks!

If it hisses when you shut the pump off it's air being sucked back into the filter, so soapy water isn't going to find a leak.

As you have figured out the most likely culprit is the or or gasket. Also things to check are the air vent valve which has a small oring on it typically. Also the gauge port but that's not very likely. A suction air leak can happen and doesn't always have a water leak to go with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.