Jackson, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey gang -- recently opened up my pool and it was pretty clear overall. Not green, but algae was present. I vacuumed, brushed, brought FC to shock level and kept there for a couple days. Water now is clear and last night with the OCLT I lost 1ppm FC in the 7 hours and CC=0. I know technically the OCLT passed, but am I nuts for letting that 1ppm bug me?

What is the clarity like? Can you identify the head or tail of a quarter in the deep end?
Fast reply! Definitely clear and haven't tried but pretty sure I could identify the side of a quarter.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

If you actually ARE done with the SLAM, one more day's worth of bleach is not going to be very much. It's cheap peace of mind.

True that! The main hesitation is due to getting up at 5:30am to check the FC level again. And then the frustration if it is still 1ppm loss. I know the OCLT instructions state that FC loss up to 1ppm is normal, but my OCD just has me wondering why.

We have seen algae hide in some pretty tricky places. Like behind light fixtures and in stair cases. Everything will look fine but you still get a small overnight loss. Remove the light, for example, clean the junk from behind it and loss goes away.
Do you have anything like that in your pool?

We have seen algae hide in some pretty tricky places. Like behind light fixtures and in stair cases. Everything will look fine but you still get a small overnight loss. Remove the light, for example, clean the junk from behind it and loss goes away.
Do you have anything like that in your pool?

Hmm, yes I do have a single light fixture. May have to remove it and look behind once the water warms up and I can get in! Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.