New IG pool build in Fort Worth, TX

That brightened things right up. I got all my solar lights from costco but they are out right now in my area at least...

Decking crew is here and after speaking with them about my existing patio I've decided to make a pretty drastic change.

All of the existing tiled patio will be covered with 3" of rebar enforced concrete to match the decking around the pool, therefore it will all look the same. I debated back and forth about how to tie the two areas together, how to make the tile non-slip, etc. and decided in the end to spend the money now to make it all look cohesive and well finished.

Not a huge overall hit to the budget but I'll now have over 1,000 sq ft of continuous decking. Still going with the salted concrete finish so it will look fantastic and I'll stain it later on after the pool is finished.

Here's the patio right now before they begin work today!

ADEE5605-F25A-444B-9CE3-31A9ACA859F4.jpg

You were so torn and worried about the slippery! I bet your heart and head feels much better now! Maybe not your wallet but...............LOL

Kim:kim:

Wallet is hurting but I know it's the right decision. The different surfaces would have driven my OCD out of control and I didn't want any slipping to happen to all the kiddos that will be hanging out at our pool.

Decking crew cut out early after laying down some base sand and putting up a few forms.........it's HOT out there! They'll be back in the morning to finish up all the work, then we'll have an inspection on Friday and concrete poured on Saturday if all goes as planned.

Decking rebar is now complete. Inspection is scheduled for Friday and plan is to pour concrete on Saturday. Hoping this goes as planned because we have rain in the forecast on Sunday.

Plaster being scheduled for next week, but rain could delay or push us back. We're getting close now!

15FD7162-E2F1-4AB7-A6DA-04C4B30D7D18.jpg

1BDAEDF0-F88B-43AA-88B0-A0DCE728C2F2.jpg

2E3FE8B4-E75B-4B67-B3B9-3D4830F80ACA.jpg

7C918F8B-F3E4-46BF-B03C-389C00F0DC89.jpg

C463A660-EED5-4309-B9F5-48017E088116.jpg

Looking really good...might want to work on your water as its a bit green...perhaps a SLAM is in order :) :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No inspection today because the city doesn’t have enough inspectors to send one out today :brickwall:.

Rain is in the forecast for next week so this could set us back at least a few days depending on what happens weather wise. Fingers crossed the delays will be minimal.

Decking inspection passed on Monday so we are now slated for concrete on Wednesday as long as the rain holds off.

Spent some time this weekend working on the fence. It badly needed a new coat of stain and will really improve the looks of the yard when the pool is completed.

16951691-6897-4E1C-A72E-2E529CB79E99.jpg

79502481-A7EC-48B1-BFCB-8DABDEA3D1C1.jpg

BB66091D-BAD6-4D78-8B44-7AA80BB3C87C.jpg

2E4C4188-3EB2-40D4-8089-42C758B81893.jpg

I did a quick search in the white box at the top of the page with just "Zodiac MX6" as the search....there were MANY hits here at TFP. I did not link to them so you can pick and choose which ones you want to read.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.