Plumbing location question & why is plumbing run along bottom of pool wall?

kalgwl

Oct 13, 2017
Birmingham, AL
In the middle of a DIY vinyl pool and getting some help from a local pool builder & have a question about the plumbing he completed.
He ran all plumbing in the bottom of the over-dig.
My question is, why not run it at the height of the returns or bottom of shimmer?
Basically, as soon as you come off a connection such as a return or skimmer, make a 90 turn instead of 90 to the floor & then 90 toward pool pad. All of the plumbing would be running at same height as all connections & several 90 degree fittings would be eliminated.
It will also be an easier dig it you ever need to make a repair. Still deep enough to keep pipes from freezing but shallow enough to help make repairs.
Someone help me & tell me why most pipes are run at the lowest point in the over-dig..

Pool medic seems to understand what I'm asking.

I'm thinking of re-plumbing my pool to get rid of some of the unneeded 90 degree connectionns. If I ran the plumbing at same height as returns & skimmers everything would flow more efficiently

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.