Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intelliflo Pump not working 100% - probably user error

1. Back To Top    #1

Intelliflo Pump not working 100% - probably user error

I just set all of the schedules for the new pool season on my Intelliflo pump. I have 3 scheduled speeds. It works great for about 1 day and then I notice that even though the pump is cycling through all of the speeds the outflow is not changed. I can tell because a few water features do not work well. After reading a little it seems that I might be losing suction but I really don't know. Any ideas or suggestions? Not sure where to go from here.

Thank you so much for your help!!
    pam

Pfisher
    41K pebbletec
    Tritan 2 TR 60 Sand Filter -Intelliflo VS
    Ozone/UV-Prozone / Taylor K2006 test kit
    Pfisher
    41K pebbletec
    Tritan 2 TR 60 Filter -Intelliflo VS

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intelliflo Pump not working 100% - probably user error

Pam,

What color is your water and what is the filter pressure???

How are you currently sanitizing your pool???

Thanks,

Jim R.
    17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4 (now 8), IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Liquid chlorine 10%. I backwashed the other day. Pressure is much higher than normal. Slam is taking longer than usual. When we backwash it will last 12-18 hours and then revert back. I never backwash this often. Thx

UPDATE - backwashed again. Pressure is now 8 (normal). This is what has been happening. Backwash and seems OK - 24hrs go by and happens again... I will update tomorrow. Thank yoj
    Pfisher
    41K pebbletec

4. Back To Top    #4

Pam,

The algae in your pool is simply clogging your filter... You do not a have pump or filter problem, they seem to be doing what they get paid to do...

Are you following all the SLAM procedures? You can't just add chlorine once a day, you need to "maintain" your SLAM level continuously..

See this link... SLAM

Thanks,

Jim R.
    17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4 (now 8), IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you. I am maintaining Slam - checking 3 times a day and adjusting. I was out of town so the pool got out of hand while I was gone. It’s been awhile so I forgot how difficult/long it takes to clear my pool.
    Pfisher
    41K pebbletec