New Pool Build Thread in Cypress TX (NW Houston)

Have you run a set of tests on your unfiltered water yet? If not please do so now. Your plaster needs some CH but some areas of TX has very hard water so..............it might be best to use your soften water.
Kim:kim:

No, I don't have testing equipment yet. :( ..... I remember when they were testing my water when we had the softener installed, the water was hard but not super hard like some areas. I just don't remember the numbers, etc.

Well that is your job for today..........order your test kit........look in my siggy below for the test kit I think is the best bang for the buck. Ask your PB if he has a test kit he was going to give you and if he would give it to you now. I am hoping it is at least the Taylor 2005. That is a okay kit for what I want for now. It is missing a test you will need later and you will run out of regent fast but it will get me the info I need.

Well that is your job for today..........order your test kit........look in my siggy below for the test kit I think is the best bang for the buck. Ask your PB if he has a test kit he was going to give you and if he would give it to you now. I am hoping it is at least the Taylor 2005. That is a okay kit for what I want for now. It is missing a test you will need later and you will run out of regent fast but it will get me the info I need.

Ok, need help ordering. When I go under 'details' I'm not sure which options would be best for me. If I get the Taylor K-1766 Salt Test, do I need the Salt strips too? Do I need the Borate test and Standard Sampler? Or do I just buy it all?

Don't bother with the Borate test. That is easy to know with how much you add IF you add any. The Taylor K-1766 is good enough. It be either/or for the salt tests. You can get the Standard Sampler as that is very helpful to learn how to do the CYA test.

I would get the speed stir. Everyone that has it LOVES it. One day Santa will bring me one :(

OH Look at the TF start up bundle! Add in the salt test and you are set!!! You will LOVE the wall brush! It makes is easier!

I would also add in a couple of extra speed stir beans.

You can call and talk to the owner and she will walk you through what you really need. She is AWESOME! Her name is Rebeca.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As our water is starting to clear up, I'm noticing that there are a few spots on the plaster that seem blotchy or spotty. Hard to tell in this pic but if you zoom in and look along the curved part of the bench, you'll notice its darker. This is present on a few spots of the pool and you can see it more in person than in pictures. Is this something that will go away over time or is it a bad application job?

Untitled by mikew2069, on Flickr

I think it should even up some. It’s not too bad compared to a lot I’ve seen here. I think with darker colours some extent of mottling is to be expected. Keep brushing and take a photo each day of the same spot so you can see any change. My pebble took about a week of brushing before I saw a visible difference in appearance. If you can get an extra brush or two in a day it certainly wouldn’t hurt.

I think it should even up some. It’s not too bad compared to a lot I’ve seen here. I think with darker colours some extent of mottling is to be expected. Keep brushing and take a photo each day of the same spot so you can see any change. My pebble took about a week of brushing before I saw a visible difference in appearance. If you can get an extra brush or two in a day it certainly wouldn’t hurt.

Cool, I'll keep an eye on it. I think for now I'll add an extra brush in every day just on the dark spots. Also the PB will be out Monday so I'll talk to him about it with some of my other punch list items. Glad to hear its somewhat common.

Cool, I'll keep an eye on it. I think for now I'll add an extra brush in every day just on the dark spots. Also the PB will be out Monday so I'll talk to him about it with some of my other punch list items. Glad to hear its somewhat common.

Yeah, I keep telling myself to keep in mind that this is a handcrafted product not something machine produced. Overall I am happy with our finished but there is some streaking down the side of the bench in the deep end. I can only assume it was from when they turned on the hoses to fill and had it pointed up like a fountain in that corner. I wasn’t here and corrected as soon as I got home. I’m not too bothered by it and no one else has noticed it. I try and think of it as a birthmark [emoji53] Brushing hasn’t helped me but you are dealing with a different issue that it might be able to help. An extra brushing is a good idea and chatting to the pb. Keep in mind sometimes the fix can be worse than the problem so think about what you are prepared to live with and what you are not.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.