hayward trivac 500 will not back up

mtintn

May 31, 2016
Cedar Hill, TN
the backup spray of water out the front of the cleaner has stopped working. now it just goes forward until it is stopped by something and just sits there. I replaced lots of parts in my old phantom turbo to keep it going but
don't have any experience yet with this trivac 500. wondered if anyone has had a similar problem with some possible solutions. thanks.

Thanks for the replies. I replaced the timer/valve assembly and the cleaner is working again. The replacement is very easy to do. Just take out two screws on the bottom of the cleaner near the front and the whole top is hinged at the back and provides easy access to the assembly. Four screws hold it in place and just route the tubes same as the old one. Very easy to do. I still would not recommend the cleaner because its movement around the bottom of the pool has never been very consistent. Seems to get stuck in one area way too much.

I am having the exact issue with my Trivac. This Trivac has been a waste of money and a money pit! I do not recommend it to anyone.

to the OP, would you suggest I buy this part online and do it myself? Looks like it is anywhere from $113 to $180. Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance!

I am having the exact issue with my Trivac. This Trivac has been a waste of money and a money pit! I do not recommend it to anyone.

to the OP, would you suggest I buy this part online and do it myself? Looks like it is anywhere from $113 to $180. Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance!

The valve/timer assembly is easy to replace yourself. getpoolparts has it listed currently for 95.20. that is where I got the part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.