Pool is drained! Delamination issues?

Jan 11, 2018
Philly Pa
My pool is drained and ready for remodel. Day 1, Monday. They chipped out the tile, ran the chains across it and found a lot of delamination on the steps and some in the middle of the pool. Day 2, yesterday, water started leaking up through cracks. PB says water was trapped between my original plaster and the re-plaster as it was not scratched or bond coated. He's hopeful all problems will reveal themselves in the next two weeks while it sits empty waiting. Do you think i should ask for a whole chip out at this point? We will be adding the 3rd coat. He didn't mention that, he said he suspects he'll have a lot more to chip out though. I guess this explains why our last plaster only lasted 8 years (we weren't the owners 8 years ago and have no paperwork on who did the plaster then). The pool is gunite and 26 years old. We'll be using luna quartz. He is definitely going to be bond coating it.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.