Pinch me please....I'm finally getting my own pool...My Dream pool!

Agree all pools are special and Im sure we all go through a lot of the same emotions, fears and joys. The help and guidance provided by Mods, the sharing of experiences from members is what sets TFP apart!

LOVE the colors and design of the decking!! Have you seen any of the decking stones that are just so ugly you can't stand it? What about any that are SO pretty you want them all to look like that?

Whose crutches are those over there? I bet there is a good story to go with them!

Kim:kim:

Thanks! We get pebble This weekend, Fill for a couple of days, and then landscaping and a bathroom built next week. Hopefully next week we will be done. Cross your fingers, that we ill be done by the time the family comes to town on the 25th of June.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! It has been an intense labor of love!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OMG...Kim it is so funny that you said that. I have had the HARDEST time with pavers. I knew that I wanted some larger pavers. I also wanted something with a texture. These are a new paver from Pavestone. The are called the Panorama Supra in the color of "River." Since they are new, it was impossible to find any pictures online, and the manufacturer does not show it in this color. I got a couple of samples, but each stone is so different. I have REALLY stressed about this decision.

When they started putting them down, there was a ton of black. I did not expect to see black, only dark grey. To complicate things, it had rained a ton and the pallets were wet. Every time they started to dry, it would rain again!

My poolbuilder was wonderful. They let me move a couple of the black ones out, and then also vary them more. This helped a lot. He is going to change a few more, an I like it a lot better. I really like the way they match my house. i am putting a picture of them next to the house. Of course, when I got them next to my house under my deck, I can't tell how well they match, as we had to remove bushes that were against the house, and the house is stained with GA red Clay. i am hoping when we finally pressure wash, it will be an amazing compliment to my home!

i am glad that you like them. I am still worried they are a little too yellow. As they put more in, and the pattern grows, i like them better. Please let me know TFP if you like them, as i am still a little apprehensive. i think that pavers are a little like paint. You have to get do the whole thing, and wait until the pictures, furniture, etc. go in. Otherwise, it is easy to panic and change your mind.

:hammer::brickwall:

Attachments

• Pavers near the house.jpg
    Pavers near the house.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 430
I KNEW what to ask huh?? LOL well I LOVE them so it does not matter what anyone else says! They DO match your house and the stone work around your pool!

When I see someone getting tile with lots of colors in it I tell them to go "treasure" hunting. Pick out what you REALLY like for places the eye will see at first glance. THEN pull out any of the "ugly" ones and hide them so they will not get used. I really like your PB and how he is being with you. Nice to see that he cares enough to listen and make changes when wanted.

Kim:kim:

Kim,

You are a wise woman! I really appreciate all of the support that you give on this site! Thanks for the approval on my pavers. I have been nervous about all of the final decisions finally taking shape...it feels so final! My pool builder has been amazing. They have done all of this in 9 weeks. Pretty impressive from what I can tell on this site. Tomorrow i a big day...PEBBLE! They start at 6:00 AM...sorry neighbors! I am so excited I won't sleep!

Wow!!!!!! Can I come live with you??? Lol!!! I’ve been binge watching Pool Kings and I swear this looks like one of their pools. You are going to have a beautiful Oasis in your own backyard! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.