New Build (Already in Progress) Mt. Airy, Maryland

Wow they did a great job transitioning the pavers! It looks amazing. So nice to see someone take such pride in their work.

Thanks! I agree!

PURRFECT! They have skills and pride! You need to shout their name out to your area as a reward for work so well done! NICE!

The guys that did this actually work for the PB, they weren't subs (yay!). The PB is a partnership and one of the partners owns his own land services company. They work for that guy. :D He called me the night they finished wanting feedback...and of course I told him I was thrilled and what a great job they did!

Do you have a plan for the doggy cabana. I may have to do this as well. Our dog loves the coolness of shade and soft grass, but he may need his own throne to sit out and maybe sunbathe.
Well you aren't going to believe this...PB sent people to work at our house on Saturday...on a holiday weekend!! I almost fell over, LOL. AND they are working at our house today too! Miracles! Pics tomorrow.

And in other news, I finished building the doggy cabana. Now I have to finish it and deck it out with a comfy cushion. Spoiled doggy. :D

View attachment 78896

- - - Updated - - -

I think your are right Riley00Dog...that's what the PB said. Not sure why they wait to do that but it looks like that gets done when the pavers are installed. Can't wait, it feels like we are actually getting close now.

Do you have a plan for the doggy cabana. I may have to do this as well. Our dog loves the coolness of shade and soft grass, but he may need his own throne to sit out and maybe sunbathe.

Of course he does!!

I used this plan with alterations:

https://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2015/07/diy-dog-house.html

My changes:

-I used 2x4s instead of 2x3 as the plan calls for because the day I went to get lumber the entire section of 2x3s was empty at Homey J (Home Depot).

-The blogger that made this used cedar and said she got all the lumber for $70...maybe you can do that in Texas, but around here forget it! Not to mention that I think finding a 2x3 in cedar sounds almost impossible. So I used good old white wood!

-I used pocket hole screws instead of nails for the frame and screws in place of nails in a few other places (like the roof support). This probably won't be necessary if you decide/can get 2x3s.

-Because I switched up to 2x4s (this thing is quite a beefy house), I had to adjust slightly the angle for the crossed side pieces and I added a 2x2 under the roof beam to fill in the gap. In hindsight I shouldn't have been lazy and just gone over to Lowes Blows to see if they had the 2x3s.

-I added an extra 1x6 to the base because I thought the gaps were a little too wide as per the plan

It was a fun project to make and I finally got it all sanded and added a flag pole (think beach hut, 3/8" dowel) to the top. Now I just need to figure out how I want to finish it (paint, stain, colors, cushion etc...)

Good luck and post a pic of yours when you finish it!

Wow that looks great! Did they put foam or caulking in between the pavers and the coping?

Thanks Captain! No, the foam (and later caulk) is only for concrete decking. For pavers, they just push the polymeric sand into that joint just like the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks fantastic!! Great work, and definitely worth the wait. :) Can't wait to see the rest of it come together.

Yes, Thanks Gorilla!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well here we are another week gone by and nothing. but. problems.

On Tuesday last week without notice the tile crew showed up. They went around back and then came back to ask me where the tile was. I said I didn't know. They call the PB. PB calls me and I ask when was the tile supposed to be delivered? He said that it had been delivered a long time ago. I told him there was no tile and that nothing was ever delivered.

Fast forward a couple of hours. I get a message from PB saying that there was a shipping error on their end (meaning the PB made a mistake) and that he was going to bring the tile to the house. Fine. I was bummed but not really angry. Mistakes happen and I wasn't even expecting the crew that day. However, it was annoying seeing as how the crew moved on and of course wouldn't come back that day.

So the PB brought the tile. I stupidly didn't look at it. Out of the blue on Saturday morning the crew shows up again. Great!

After a little bit of prep work, I see them putting small piles of tile every 8 feet or so around the pool. I'm in my kitchen looking out the window and I think to myself, 'wow that 6" tile looks really blue from here'. It clicks and I run outside to stop them because IT IS THE WRONG TILE!! Arrrgghhhh!

Call PB. At first he was a little defensive which annoyed me. I think that I should have gotten an apology immediately. He did apologize later in the conversation but I was just so annoyed I had a hard time accepting it. I know I'm supposed to smile through it but we are so close and so behind schedule I just wanted to scream (and possibly hit someone something)!!

The real kicker is that he tells me it won't set them back because we aren't scheduled for plaster until the end of June. I just can't believe it. We may not even be swimming by the 4th of July. :brickwall:

I am so sorry. We haven't had any big issues, but I laugh at myself thinking I ever imagined we would be swimming by Memorial Day. I'm trying to find out when plaster is and I am starting to think we may be with you -praying for a 4th of July swim.

Thanks LeighHop, it stinks but it's really nice to have support on this forum!

I agree with this! As bad as it is seeing someone else go through the same delays, it lessens the blow somewhat knowing it's not just you.

And I also agree with Leigh above--we were told "hopefully swimming by Memorial Day" and it started off so well that I thought we'd be swimming by mid-May! Boy was I off.

I got these over the weekend to make myself feel better. I know they might only last but a season (if that) but they did put a smile on my 13 year old son's face. Three of his favorite foods for less than $10 each at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Inflatable-Pizza-Slice-Pool-Mat-69-x-57/477164512

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Inflatable-French-Fries-Pool-Float-69-x-52/227682003

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Inflatable-Sprinkle-Donut-Pool-Tube-45/418212309

The pizza slices can be hooked together. Pretty funny :cool:

That is it's beauty mark!! :roll: Make sure they use the PLASTER instead of grout. It will blend in better with the pool that way. It almost looks like the beauty mark tiles were put on the mesh crooked so......when they laid the tiles they left it that way.

Why are they waiting so long for tile? It seems like tile is pretty early on in the process in every single build thread I've seen. I know there were some hangups with it but even the first time it was scheduled seems really late?

I can't believe you still don't have a plaster date. Maybe they are waiting for the tile/everything else to be done before they even schedule the plaster? It seems like "schedule" doesn't mean the same in the pool industry as it does to me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.