Replacement Spider Gasket?

Lumi75

Apr 6, 2018
Tricities, WA
I have a StaRite filter that leaks through the backwash line even when not on backwash. I have been trying to research and it sounds like I need to replace the spider gasket. I looked up the number on the top of the filter - StaRite 53185. I found the following replacement parts Parts For Sta-Rite Top Mount Valve Parts - Pentair Multiport - Swimming Pool Valve Parts. It does not seem like there is a spider gasket in that valve, just an o-ring... Is there anything else I should be replacing? Will replacing the o-ring fix the problem?

I'd appreciate any help or advice you can offer! I just bought the house last year and this is my first pool project other than figuring out how to close the pool.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Someone else may confirm, but I think you'll also want to look at replacing item #12. That looks to serve the same function as typical spider gasket. Hope you get your issue resolved soon. Thanks for using TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.