Importance of Chlorine Existence in Ozone System

Dear People,

I was asked this question at my new job by my boss.
I replied that, there should be residual chlroine in any disenfiction system after treatment because residual chlorine is a guarantee to avoid bacterial reproduction. Even municipilaties adds chlorine to the drinking water disturbing network before it reach to our taps at home (sorry for my english)

But he said no, this is not the reason. And you have time till Friday to find out.

Can you help please.

Ozone only cleans the water directly over the lamp at that time. No residual protection. No protection from person to person disease transmission.

Chlorine at the proper levels provides protection to the entire pool and prevents person to person transmission of disease in the pool water.

Ozone is useful in indoor pools that don't get natural UV rays from the sun to help burn off CCs (combined chloramines) in the water.

Maddie :flower:

The most important reason for chlorine is to sanitize the water by killing infectious organisms, such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, mold etc.

Chlorine also oxidizes contaminants, such as bather wastes like urine, sweat etc.

Chlorine also kills algae to keep the water clean and clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.