Pentair CVA-24T Valve Actuator Issue

Apr 2, 2018
Clovis
Hi,

I'm a newbie here, but I've always used this board as a resource for my own pool maintenance, and never needed to actually post a question. But now . . .

I noticed my valve actuator kept rotating and not stopping at the usual spot. After I read a few threads, I assumed it was a bad micro switch that didn't stop the motor when the valve was supposed to stop.

However, I noticed that the switches actually work, it's just that the switch actuator (a plastic black lever) that is supposed physically depress the switch was not compressing the switch far enough to activate it.

Does anyone else have this issue? Do I need to replace the switch actuator or is it the problem with the shaft of the valve that does not seem to push the switch actuator far enough? I did notice some grease on the switch actuator that oozed upward from the valve shaft. For a temporary fix, I just wrapped some tape on the switch actuator so when the shaft contacts that portion, it pushes the actuator a bit further to stop the valve.

Thanks for any help!

Lauren

These are standard pool valve actuators that have been around for a long time. The micro-switches are prone to failure and easily replaced for about $2/switch. The molded plastic parts can be a bit more expensive as they are typically available online from pool retailers and can be found locally sometimes at pool stores. If you search for CVA-24 rebuild kits, you’ll probably find the parts you are looking for.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll give them a call on Monday if I get around to it. I’ll also price out rebuild kits. My trusty tape has been working, but I’m sure it won’t be long before it fails.

Thanks again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.