Converting after following terrible advice

Also, why did you dose so far above 15ppm?
Just for Dom's benefit .... Scott was personally advised to increase FC to 30 for a specific period because of his elevated CYA before converting. His situation was a little unique.

Just for Dom's benefit .... Scott was personally advised to increase FC to 30 for a specific period because of his elevated CYA before converting. His situation was a little unique.

Yea, leebo’s post before the OP’s reply threw me off, I need to read back a bit again I guess.

So let’s try this tonight Scott,

Once the sun goes down increase your FC to 15ppm. With the pump running wait about a few minutes and retest. Then test again in the morning. Let’s see what happens.

OCLT results

FC 14.5 CC .5

FC 14 CC .5

After reading the FC and adding the 5 drops of 003 for the CC, the water turns the slightest shade of pink. Not like when adding the 870 powder, but enough to see a difference when after 1 drop of 871.

Sounds to me like you’re done. Awesome Job!!! Change out the sand and enjoy your pool.

Congrats! Baqua is no longer a word around your household. :)

dbtgallery.php

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Final reading for this post.

FC - 8.0
CC - 0 to .5 (it never gets even close to the pink it did when it was 2+)
PH - 7.5
TA - 100
CH - 50
CYA - 30

If you're converting, my best advice is follow the guide. DO NOT add CYA before you're finished with the conversion!

Glad to be through this process. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and help.

FC - 8.0
PH - 7.5
TA - 100
CH - 50
CYA - 30

If you're converting, my best advice is follow the guide. DO NOT add CYA before you're finished with the conversion!

Glad to be through this process. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and help.

Glad to see you're through the conversion. Enjoy your pool and post a question anytime you need help.

Also, if you feel TFP was a valuable resource to you, then consider becoming a supporter of the site now or in the future. TFP is a 501(3)c non-profit organization and it offers some limited perks (photo storage space, larger private message space, etc) to people that become supporters. TFP does not allow any advertising on the site and generates all of its income from generous user donations. Donations to TFP keep the electrons flowing...Thanks!

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

FC - 8.0
PH - 7.5
TA - 100
CH - 50
CYA - 30

5 days later. Wow! I'm so glad to have converted.
cff3fb9a4bc84f07a0ad1b13d4344512.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.