Hello from Ballwin, MO

EJauss

Bronze Supporter
Mar 20, 2018
Ballwin, MO
I don’t have a pool yet! I do have pool stairs. I’m looking to buy used.

Does anyone have any advice on buying a used AG pool?

Also curious on what I should use under the pool?

Im so excited and nervous to start this.

I don’t have a pool yet! I do have pool stairs. I’m looking to buy used.

Does anyone have any advice on buying a used AG pool?

Also curious on what I should use under the pool?

Im so excited and nervous to start this.

Hello and Welcome to TFP!

If you want to buy a used pool, Craigslist or Letgo are good places to start looking. This time of year people are looking to get rid of unwanted pools and equipment. Sometimes for free or minimal cost. Usually just your time to disassemble. If you do, try to get the make & model so you can look up the assembly instructions online. For the most part, they all come apart and go together very similarly. Take pictures as you disassemble. If you are looking for a soft side (Intex type), you may be able to find some new in box.

For soft side pools, most can be put on level ground with pavers under the feet you can use foam board if you want as well. Hard wall, more permanent type, usually needs excavation of sod to firm level ground, sand under the liner and pavers under the feet. For hard walled pools, you should plan on a new liner as well. They are fairly inexpensive and you know there is no holes or patches. Also you wouldn't have to fiddle with making sure the skimmer & returns line up properly.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have.