Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

What?????? Oh happy day!!!! Are you there?

Now when they get done go out to the hole with your pool plans in hand. Measure everything. Is it wide, long, deep, etc enough? Add about 8" for the shell and plaster

Kim:kim:

Yes, the left the sunshelf area but did not do the steps or swim out. I am interested to see what happens next. No one back today (shocker... insert sarcasm). "They said" (I feel like I have said this so many times lol) the rebar would be finished by Saturday.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your PB goes MIA. I have heard that from a lot of people. So far, I have been very lucky. MY PB owns all equipment and employees work for him. They only sub, shotcrete and stonescapes. Says they will be done in 10 weeks...guaranteed. we'll see if he can do it!

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that your PB goes MIA. I have heard that from a lot of people. So far, I have been very lucky. MY PB owns all equipment and employees work for him. They only sub, shotcrete and stonescapes. Says they will be done in 10 weeks...guaranteed. we'll see if he can do it!

Our PB has actually been decent. He subbed out the dig, rebar and gunite and those are the folks who have been completely unreliable. We are told by our PB once the Subs get the shell in the ground he can have the pool finished in 3-4 weeks. Here's hoping

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Paige, you have run out of pic storage. There two ways to get more pics on your thread.

-Become a supporting member as seen here: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! This gets you more pic storage on OUR server, a discount on the testing kits and stuff, as well as at Swimming Pool Supplies - Pool Parts - INYOPools.com It also helps us feed the servers.

-You could try to use an outside storage place like flikr or such. Do NOT use photo bucket as they are charging $399 a YEAR. We are worried the others are going to follow suit :(

Paige, you have run out of pic storage. There two ways to get more pics on your thread.

-Become a supporting member as seen here: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! This gets you more pic storage on OUR server, a discount on the testing kits and stuff, as well as at Swimming Pool Supplies - Pool Parts - INYOPools.com It also helps us feed the servers.

-You could try to use an outside storage place like flikr or such. Do NOT use photo bucket as they are charging $399 a YEAR. We are worried the others are going to follow suit :(

gotcha! thanks!

:taped: Can't say what I want to say as it would be so censored!

Take dated pics, text them to the PB. No words needed........just the pics......Make sure you upload every pic and save them in a safe spot. Hope you don't need them but have them if you do.

Know they CAN fix it. It will take quite a bit of effort on their part but that is NOT your worry. They allowed this to happen. Now THEY have to pay in labor and dirt. I don't know how long it will take. I am thinking the longest part will be getting them back out there :roll: with how long it took to get them there in the first place as you well know.

I have a MAD for you. This is so NOT RIGHT!!!! GURRRRRRRRR

You need to lawyer up! A letter from an lawyer on letterhead to both your PB and the Subs will be fair warning that you want your money back or the original contract upheld.. Middle of may completion.

For what it is worth. We are 3.5 months into our build. We hired a landscape design company to manage the whole project. The landscape design company is our one point of contact. They hired the PB, and all the subs. This process has been decent, and it is nice to have the landscape designer as the whip cracker in this business relationship. It seems that the Landscape design company and the PB have a vested interest in each other as there are future projects that they will need each other for... Versus if you are working directly with the PB, once they build your pool they are done with you... less vested interest in customer satisfaction.

If you fire your PB, I would highly recommend looking into finding a landscape design company that works hand in hand with a PB and hiring them to build your pool. You might pay a small premium for this service, but from the horror stories I have heard in doing my research, it is well worth the premium.

Also to note, I have been told by a General Contractor friend of mine that the demand for skilled labor and construction labor is so high that these Subcontractors of the PB's will hire workers, and then the workers will not show up as they have been lured away by a better wage with another contractor overnight.

Here is a pic of our build.. Started Jan 5th, agreed to completion date is May 26. (supposed to pebble tec this week and fill a week from today)
DJI_0011.jpg

Heres the short version:
Met with PB salesman January 5th.
Called references of PB and decided we like him and the price.
Paid a $1000 deposit mid January to lock in price. With the verbal commitment that they would put us on the books to start digging the pool when we paid the full deposit February 8th. Also in the interim be pulling the permits. That time came and went, we paid the full deposit Feb. 8th and they told us the pool would be dug end of February/beginning of March. We heard nothing but excuses of why it didn’t get started then. I have all of these messages saved. Unfortunately it was never written in the contract about any of these dates, only verbal and text message communication about start date and when the pool would be finished. They had sub contractors come out and “pre grade” on March 20th. So basically they came and tore up our back yard and never came back. It wasn’t until my husband raised bloody heck 2 weeks ago that they came and did the layout... now finally this past Wednesday they came and dug the pool. And that is where we are now. They dug this past Wednesday and let it sit. We got bad storms last night which caved it in. I sent photos to our pool builder and he said the sub contractors are aware of the situation and would be out in the morning to remedy it and they she would still be done this week. And that “you can’t control the weather” well duh. But we had 2 gorgeous days that they could have done the rebar and shot the gunite before we got storms. I’m so aggravated! They have us over a barrel at the moment. I know we won’t be able to get our initial $7,000 back at this point so I don’t know what else to do but wait for them to fix it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.