Construction finally started in Jacksonville FL!

The bad part is she is in line for a line of showers that went through my area. Here in Florida the lines of storms move in a very predictable pattern. They come from the TX area WAY over there, following the coast and up into the land locked states until they sweep through my town on their way to her :( BUT it can be fixed so that is a good thing.

The bad part is she is in line for a line of showers that went through my area. Here in Florida the lines of storms move in a very predictable pattern. They come from the TX area WAY over there, following the coast and up into the land locked states until they sweep through my town on their way to her :( BUT it can be fixed so that is a good thing.

Yes it is storming cats and dogs currently and supposed to continue the rest of the day. Which is funny because the PB said the Subs would be out this morning to start fixing the cave in. (I knew better.) I am interested to see what it looks like when I get home today. User Riley mentioned they may have to have a thicker shell... is that going to make my pool smaller or my decking smaller?

My thinking it could make your pool bigger but the the coping will still be there with decking up to it so the decking should be the same if I am thinking right.

This is something to talk over with your PB...........do you NOT want your pool smaller nor your decking! What are his plans to keep this from happening?

My thinking it could make your pool bigger but the the coping will still be there with decking up to it so the decking should be the same if I am thinking right.

This is something to talk over with your PB...........do you NOT want your pool smaller nor your decking! What are his plans to keep this from happening?

Gotcha. I will ask him. He was sort of crappy yesterday when I told him I was over the sub contractors at this point... he defended them and I just didn't have the energy to fight back. He is going to need his next payment soon and we will be having a new contract drawn up and a lengthy conversation about things going for ward.

Yes, talk to your pb about his plan. I would think they will remove the fallen dirt and fill where it was with concrete when they shoot the shell. I would imagine the rebar will still be formed to its original dimensions, but the distance behind the rebar to dirt would be greater due to the loss of dirt, giving you an overall greater thickness of the shell. Just how I’m assuming it’s done. However they do it, it won’t be a problem for them I don’t think. Don’t feel alone. Our dig was 5 days long in solid shale. After day one of the dig it rained and they had to stop. We could hear the shale crashing into the water that had accumulated in the hole as it fell from inside. After a days break they resumed. Once the dig was done and rebar in it rained for a month straight after we copped one ex tropical cyclone after another. The whole time bits were falling from the side to the bottom. Sigh. I think it’s some sort of hazing ritual!

Yes, talk to your pb about his plan. I would think they will remove the fallen dirt and fill where it was with concrete when they shoot the shell. I would imagine the rebar will still be formed to its original dimensions, but the distance behind the rebar to dirt would be greater due to the loss of dirt, giving you an overall greater thickness of the shell. Just how I’m assuming it’s done. However they do it, it won’t be a problem for them I don’t think. Don’t feel alone. Our dig was 5 days long in solid shale. After day one of the dig it rained and they had to stop. We could hear the shale crashing into the water that had accumulated in the hole as it fell from inside. After a days break they resumed. Once the dig was done and rebar in it rained for a month straight after we copped one ex tropical cyclone after another. The whole time bits were falling from the side to the bottom. Sigh. I think it’s some sort of hazing ritual!

Oh my gosh! That is awful! I know weather cannot be helped, I am just frustrated that they have continuously drug their feet for months. If this was the only hiccup I would just roll with it.

Y'all!!! This story just got even funnier. Literally sitting in my desk chair laughing. The pool sales guy just messaged me to say he needs to pick up a check for the rock that the subs brought in when they dug the pool!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!? My pool is caving in and you want to charge me for water control for rock on the day of the dig.... Yea. I will get right on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Paige... Feeling for you over here in Orange Park... I'm a pilot so I watch the weather quite closely. Fortunately the bulk of it is gone - so with any luck they can get out there later this week!

Oh good to hear! I hope it stays dry the rest of the week! Hoping they can get this fixed soon. I would fire all of them but I don't think I will recoup my $7,000 deposit. Sort of over a barrel so to speak.

No way!!!! Nooe, nope, nope and adult word nope!!!!!

Did it take you a minute to process what he was saying as you just KNEW he would not be asking for money????? He so funny-NOT!!!!

Yes. I thought he was joking. However now the problem we are running into is with the contact. Technically we are liable for the rock and once tell tell us it needs to be paid they can tack on 18% everyday as interest. WTH? Clearly we were idiots when we signed this contract. They just had such great references! Anyway, we are not going to mention said money until the gunite is placed and then we can talk about it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He’s got to be kidding! Even if it is due now, he should be holding off on issuing the invoice. Did he personally issue the invoice or was it admin? Our pbs admin ladies are very much on the ball, to the point that the minute the next stage starts the bill arrives via email. Your pb admin might just be issuing invoices at set times without realising the history of the job. I don’t know...

He’s got to be kidding! Even if it is due now, he should be holding off on issuing the invoice. Did he personally issue the invoice or was it admin? Our pbs admin ladies are very much on the ball, to the point that the minute the next stage starts the bill arrives via email. Your pb admin might just be issuing invoices at set times without realising the history of the job. I don’t know...

There are way too many Indians and not enough chiefs with this company. The sales guys requesting the check said it was coming from the other owner of the company, not the one owner/PB we have been dealing with. The Owner/PB we have been dealing with hasn’t said a word about it.

There are way too many Indians and not enough chiefs with this company. The sales guys requesting the check said it was coming from the other owner of the company, not the one owner/PB we have been dealing with. The Owner/PB we have been dealing with hasn’t said a word about it.

Sounds about right. Maybe just ask him to let them to put a note on your file that you will pay when things are sorted and back on track? I really like the sound of your pb. He sounds like an honest guy with a good heart.

They have come out twice this week. Tuesday they came out, stood around the pool hole, smoked a cigarette and left. Thursday two guys came out and spent the morning shoveling out the dirt that had collapsed in. No one back today to do the Rebar (PB says they told him the steel guy has a tooth abscess). Said tomorrow the steel would get done. The PB told me if they aren't back in a reasonable time to shoot the concrete he would use someone else. So like always, we shall see.

Yeap. No show again today. They said they will come tomorrow :confused: . I told my PB today I was completely over these Subs. He responded "I know they are killing me". So. That is that. He will put a different company on the job next week if the current Subs don't pull thru, which will bump one of his other pools he is building. I feel bad for those folks if that happens but this is just comical at this point.

Last edited:
One thing you can do is get a "ring" doorbell/floodlight camera.. .it records everything.. install it in your back yard and have a video and audio record of the progress, what day they work, what time they work, when they show up, when they leave, rain days, nice days, etc... So when you sue them your evidence can not be denied!

When progress on our project started to slow down, my wife and I pulled up the ring doorbell archives and went through each day and marked a calendar every day it rained, and they showed or did not show, and if they showed how long they were there.... It was quite eye opening seeing that several weeks of good weather passed with no one showing up... Just an idea.

Example:
Screenshot_20180427-130957_Ring.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.