How much chemical to have on hand when opening

Rebf

Jan 31, 2016
Southern CT
With pool season around the corner I want to preorder water chemistry supplies.
I'm planning on starting with the following for my 34,500 gallon pool based on poolmath and usage history.
What/how much do you stock?

Complete water test kit
Bleach 10 jugs (use until water is warm enough for SWG)
Muriatic Acid 4 jugs (my pool eats this over the summer and it's not easy to find nearby)
Calcium 50 lbs
Stablizer 20lbs (use half at startup)
Boric Acid 80lbs
Salt ???4 bags???

If you think I'm low/high on anything here, I welcome a head's up.
Thank you!!

Nice to meet you via TFP. Hopefully your water warms up soon, but with an SWG, I only buy one jug of chlorine, but it's 4 gals. Otherwise looks good to me. I don't have the experience with borates, so no comment there.

I'll throw in my .02

Bleach 10 jugs (use until water is warm enough for SWG). Too much. The strength of bleach degrades over a period of time. Maybe go with 5.

Muriatic Acid 4 jugs (my pool eats this over the summer and it's not easy to find nearby) OK.

Calcium 50 lbs. If the history of your pool requires you to replenish the calcium, then OK. It doesnt degrade with time, so even if you dont need it soon, it will be there for when you do.

Stablizer 20lbs (use half at startup) OK.

Boric Acid 80lbs. No comment

Salt ???4 bags??? I seriously doubt 4 bags will be enough for your volume of pool. I just added 6 to my pool to get it from about 1800 to 3300. Get 10 or 12 bags and you'll have some to get the pool running + enough to replenish through out the season.

Without current test results, we're just guessing. Your CH, salt, borates and CYA current test results will provide a much better idea of your needs.

Sounds like you need to get the test kit first, then post results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.