Back up valve continous water flow

Jun 30, 2017
Warner Robins GA
I just purchase a new back up valve for my polaris 380, it worked at first, but now the back valve continuous water flow through the valve. The same issue was happening with my old valve so I replaced the valve. Now I am still having the same problem.There are new belts and the wheels are Turing but 22 rpm. I am going to rebuild the Polaris, but wanted to fix this problem first. Any suggestions. Have a hard time believing its the valve since it happen on both the old and new valve. All skimmer basket and filters are clean.

Yes, it sounds like your water flow is insufficient. The backup valve will not operate properly if the water flow is incorrect. You need to get your RPMs in the proper range, then the backup valve should work properly (cycling every 3.5 minutes). Does your cleaner run off the return line or a booster pump? If it runs off the return line, there are a bunch of things that could impact the water flow (dirty filters, diverter valve settings, missing eyeball returns, etc). It could also be an issue with the pressure relief valve or a leak in the feed hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.