Intex pump too loud?

OMG... Noise Pollution! I can't imagine putting up with that kind of noise, worse yet if it was my neighbors. My inground pool pump doesn't make any thing close to that in noise and has a lower deeper sound.

If at all possible i'd ditch that and go for a non-intex separate pump and filter.

Just my two cents.

Maddie :flower:

Reminds me of the sound my air compressor made when it went out. If I remember correctly (it was a few years ago), a bearing went out in it. I only paid like $20 for it, so wasn't too upset since it lasted me 3+ years.

Honestly, an Intex pump isn't worth figuring out. Your pool is a size smaller than mine, and I'm using Hayward C4001575XES EasyClear 1 HP Above-Ground Pool Filter Pump System. Does a super great job of moving the water and you'll only need to clean the filter once or twice a season. While you're at it, might want to install a through the wall skimmer. Check out the link in my signature about the modifications I made to my AG pool.

I turned it on for the first time this season and placed an order for another the same day. I was thinking of my neighbors too. It should be here Friday. I did go with another Intex, different model, 28651EG sand filter pump only. Open box new for $150. I’ll get a separate SWG later. Last season I used less of the SWG and substituted with bleach anyway.

If this Intex doesn’t stay quiet for a reasonable amount of time, I’ll look at other brands.

I don’t remember the old one ever being this quiet. Maybe I just completely forgot what it sounded like originally.

Now im going to be wondering if it’s even on.

This new one pumps a bit more too. I think it’s 2450 GPH vs 2150 GPH with the old. So far I’m able to leave my inlet wide open and the Intex Pool Cleaner is roaming around the bottom of the pool happy as can be. With the old pump I would have to close the inlet at least half way for her to keep roaming. https://streamable.com/07f0z (i split the output of the pump with pvc, one side for the cleaner, second for for the normal pool inlet, the third that is closed majority of the time is for the pool sprayer/fountain)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.