SWG & Filter & Pump Sizing Question

hollywoodfrodo

Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
Lakewood, CA
Hello All - Our build is starting in a couple of weeks. I've seen a lot of comments on here about needing larger SWG units and Filters than what often the Builder gives. So wanted to get some input.

Pool is Approximately 18'3" x 32' (It's free form so that's very approximate)
Approximate Surface Area: 418 Sq Ft
Approximate Perimeter: 84 Sq Ft
Depth: 4'6" (All one depth)

Contract List Pentair Intelliflo 2VST Pump, Pentair 420 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter, & Pentair Intellichlor Salt System

No other specific info is given on model numbers or sizes or anything. What would be appropriate for the pool? Should I ask the contractor to give me those specifics?

We're using California Pools which is one of the oldest Pool Building Comps in California. They have a great reputation so I more or less trust them, but also know that it's our pool and our $$$ so we can override their choices if needs be.

Thanks for the input on this. I just heard from the company Rep and he said they use the IC60! One reason we chose CA Pools is because we knew that while we may be paying more, we believe they know what they're doing and take care of their customers! Good to see that confirmed in a small way.

That filter is plenty big. You'll love it as you'll probably only need to wash it off 2-3 times per year under normal circumstances (if you're open year round). You'll get a feel for your pool after a season but don't be surprised if you seldom need to clean it. Also the heater is large and you'll heat your water quicker with that large heater than if they provided a smaller 200k btu one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.