Hayward TCell Replacement (OEM, or Generic)

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Hello,

I am coming up on year 5 of pool use. My Salt Cell is showing no signs of fault, but I want to be prepared. A few questions:

If replacing with OEM Hayward T-Cell-15, where is the recommended site for best price?

If replacing with Generic, what do most people have greatest success with? Where to buy at best price?

Thanks for your input!!

Ted

Philo, thanks for the info. What is the longest you have had a PSW generic running? I live in Central PA, so only 4.5 months of use. I have 5 years of use and coming up on the 6th with OEM. (I mistakenly had wrong years in original post above).

The longest one is 3.5 years. None have failed. They are in use all year long.
I'm so cynical that I suspect that there is a Chinese factory that makes all the SWG's and just slaps different labels on them. Once they get to the US , companies charge what ever they can get away with.......

There is no need to buy a new cell yet as the old one is still working. Once you buy a new cell the warranty starts so you will be throwing away any warranty time that the cell is not used. It is simple enough to add bleach for a few days while you are waiting on a cell replacement once the old cell dies. Many people get a lot of years out of a cell in the short swim season areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.