Former Baquacil user - New Build 1st time SWG need help

Years ago I had an above ground pool with Baquacil. It was easy to maintain the right balance of chemicals, but the taste of the water was horrible.

We recently completed our new build and it is an in ground, plaster, approx. 37K gal and we opted to go with the SWG. I am trying to learn, and TFP is a wonderful resource. I am hoping that someone can help me with the test equipment needed to maintain the chemicals... My builder left me with a ph test kit and a FC test kit, but I know there is much more to it from reading on here... Please point me in the right direction... Thank you in advance.

jps,

The test kits that pool builders leave are worth just what you paid for them... :p

To follow the TFP pool care process, you will need either the TF-100, or the Taylor K-2006C, (and yes, the C is important)...

Since you have a salt pool it is also very handy to have the Taylor Salt test kit, the K-1766...

Both of these test kits require you to count drops while you are swirling a test tube and trying to pay attention to a color change.. I highly suggest you also buy the Speed-Stir which makes testing much easier and more accurate by mixing the test reagents for you...

Here is a good source... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjr2oTE2dbZAhUEyYMKHb-CAj4QFgg2MAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftftestkits.net%2F&usg=AOvVaw0xwR3CXCu9pEBcZtcWtJv8

I see you say you have the Intellichlor, but you did not say which one.. I ask because a 37K pool will require the largest cell that Pentair makes and even it is a little on the small size.. We always recommend that any salt cell be rated for at least 2 x the volume of your pool. So for a 20K pool you would need a 40K cell.. for your 37K pool you need a 74 K cell.. Unfortunately, the largest cell that Pentair makes is the IC60...

Cell are rated when running at 100% output and 24/7... so the bigger the cell the longer it will last and the less you will have to run your pump.

If not already a part of your EasyTouch package, I highly recommend that you get ScreenLogic2, which makes using and programming the EasyTouch about 10 x easier and allows you to control things from your PC, Tablet, or Phone..

Good luck with you new pool..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.