IntelliFlo 3,450rpm during priming by default. Does it need to be that high?

raw,

No it does not...Look at the IntelliFlo manual and it will explain how to adjust max speed... You can also set several priming factors such as Primed Sensitivity.. Default is 1% which means the pump needs to see a massive amount of water before it thinks it is primed.. I'd increase this to 50% or up.. The pump should then come out of the priming mode much quicker..

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thank you Jim! I am definitely going to do this. If I change the Max RPM, is that just the max during priming or is that changing the Max RPM for any operation? Sometimes I like to be able to run it at 3450 if I need to briefly for vacuuming or something else. Wasn't sure if this was a global kind of setting or just as it relates to priming.

raw,

It will change the max for everything... That said, I can't see needing 3450 rpm for anything.. :p

Play with the Priming modes, there appear to be several options.

And.. you really need to complete your signature so that everyone here knows what type of pool and equipment you have.. It makes answering questions much easier..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.