New Pump, Automation, Solar & SWCG conversion

River View

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Newburgh, NY
I am planning spring upgrades to replace my pump, add solar, add automation and convert to SWCG. My plan is pictured below (excuse the drawing skills) and would appreciate any feedback and thoughts on the following questions:

- For the Easytouch to control the solar, what additional items do I need to purchase?
- I see several different part #'s for the Screenlogic wireless interface ... anyone know the difference or which one would be best for this implementation?
- Any other suggestions or feedback appreciated.

Pool Plumbing 2-23-18.jpg

rv,

To control a solar system you just need a solar valve and an actuator for that valve..

Pentair 3 Way Solar Valve with Drain Down 263047 | Pentair 263047

Pentair Valve Actuator 263045 | Pentair 263045

For ScreenLogic2 you will need the following kit... Pentair ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection Kit 522104 | Pentair 522104

The IntelliFlo 011018 is a great pump.....

What is the device between the IC40 and your heater???

The ET that you are buying is for a single body system... this means you do not have a pool and spa, just a pool, correct??

Your diagram looks fine to me...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Jim -

Thanks for the response! ... Yes, pool only.

The device between the IC40 and Heater is a FlowVis flow meter that I had inherited.

For the solar system ... does the roof temperature module come with the ET or is that part of the valve or actuator?

A follow-up valve question ... while the jandy valves are much nicer than typical ball valves, is there really a benefit to use them in all locations?

Thanks !!

A follow-up valve question ... while the jandy valves are much nicer than typical ball valves, is there really a benefit to use them in all locations?

A Jandy valve can be repaired in place. Most ball valves (PVC) have to be cut out and replaced. So if the ball valves are critical to your operating system, use Jandy valves.

rv,

I did not realize it, but I guess I am a valve snob... :p . I am not much of a fan of ball valves... Maybe because I see multiple pictures here of ball valves, and they all have their handles broken off. That may not be an issue for you in the frozen north...

I don't have solar, so I'm not up on all the details, but the ET would also need a solar temperature sensor.. Like this .. Pentair Solar Temperature Sensor 522101 | Pentair 522101

The ET comes with an Air temp sensor and a Water temp sensor, but not the solar sensor.. They are all identical sensors btw...

I like and have used SunPlay, but I use their site only to show examples of products.. I would shop around and check prices...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.