Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Moved from SWG Upgrade by Jim R.

Hi, been a while since I last messaged. Is IC60 the recommended SWG to get for my current set-up? Also, is there a guide I can read on how I can install it myself? Do I just need the IC60? Does the water still flow through the Pentair SuperFlo VS 1.5 pump? How is the opening procedure? Do I not turn it on until I ensure shock and passes overnight shock level?

g3,

If you have a Pentair automation system (EasyTouch or IntelliTouch) then the only sensible option is to use the IC60, as the IC40 is a little small for your pool. Although in your location an IC40 would work ok..

If you do not have an automation system, then you are free to use any brand SWCG you like...

I am a diehard Pentair kind of guy, but if I did not have Pentair automation I would be looking at the CircuPool line of SWCGs...

Here is a good link... Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Salt Pool Systems for DIY Conversion

They have some good salt system info on their site...

CircuPool systems are made to be installed by the home owner and have a full warranty... Most Hayward, Jandy and Pentair cells are made for pool builders to install and do not have a full warranty when installed by the homeowner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.