New system

Aug 31, 2012
Hi,
At the point of all the original equipment needing replacement. Currently have a one hp superpump and salt system that I need to replace. I also need to replace the plastic ball valve for the waterfall since the handle has broken off. I was thinking of putting a varialbe speed pump in and an electric valve with actuator for the waterfall. I saw Jandy has a iQPUMP01 but that looks like it only will allow smartphone control of the pump and not a valve. I like the idea of smartphone control of the pump and was wondering what the other options that are economical to control the valve wirelessly. My old salt system just runs when the pump is on which works ok so I was hoping not to have to put a control panel in for the new system just for the need to control the actuator but don't know if that is possible. Thanks

Sounds like a project!

To achieve automation of a waterfall and SWCG and Pump, you are best to get pump, SWCG, and automation system from one manufacturer. The major ones (Pentair, Jandy, Hayward) all have systems that can achieve your needs.

For instance, a Pentair EasyTouch with IC40 SWCG and Intelliflo VS pump will provide what you wish to do with one actuator for your waterfall.

Do not get 'Lite' versions of the automation.

Some manufacturers warranties are based on having their equipment professionally installed. So be aware of that. Equipment cost only of the above will be $2500-$3000.

If this sounds interesting we can guide you to more specific model numbers, etc.

Looks like to control the waterfall, that would require the pool controler and be around 1k, I think that is more than I want to pay just to divert water to the waterfall automatically. So what size variable speed pump should I replace my 1hp single speed pump with?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.